Pages

Thursday 4 November 2010

Henna Heaven

As Bini has been studying India & Divali at school along with Mendhi art, we took that as an excuse to get ourselves inked up.
We followed the henna recipe according to Amanda Soule Blake's book, The Creative Family.  After making up the paste we used a ziploc bag with a tiny tiny bit cut off the corner.  It worked quite well.  The actual paste didn't mark as well as she was hoping but it was fun while it lasted.

I think next time we will do this when it is warmer.  It was rather chilly waiting for it to dry!

Tintin was not keen on getting himself marked but wanted to try some of the designing.  So I was his canvas, as well as Bini's.  Both my arms were filled!

I noticed one of the mothers I know at swimming lesson today kept looking at my arms which I got quite paranoid about until I remembered I still had faint outlines of monsters and other oddness on them!  I did explain to her what it was.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant ! I have Jess's Dvali inspired picture from primary school framed on my kitchen wall. & She's nearly 18 ) along with three other favourites she & Joe did. Everyone comments on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab! You shouldn't have explained the monsters on your arm and just kept her wondering - far more fun lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhh the joys of Henna - I've only experimented on hands so far though I'm sure if my little ones had there way......!

    Have a fabulous weekend,

    Nina xxx

    ps. I will have to look into that button as I normally do mine via the dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the kids had fun. It's something I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing!! Thanks for the kind comments!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not used henna for ages! It looks great. I can't do it on my little ones because they are not allowed it at school. Maybe over the Christmas hols I could give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration.
    x

    ReplyDelete