As Bini has been studying India & Divali at school along with Mendhi art, we took that as an excuse to get ourselves inked up.
We followed the henna recipe according to Amanda Soule Blake's book, The Creative Family. After making up the paste we used a ziploc bag with a tiny tiny bit cut off the corner. It worked quite well. The actual paste didn't mark as well as she was hoping but it was fun while it lasted.
Tintin was not keen on getting himself marked but wanted to try some of the designing. So I was his canvas, as well as Bini's. Both my arms were filled!
I noticed one of the mothers I know at swimming lesson today kept looking at my arms which I got quite paranoid about until I remembered I still had faint outlines of monsters and other oddness on them! I did explain to her what it was.