Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

Summer roundup Part 2

Continuing on with the 'so that was summer' pictures.  Again, warning. Photo heavy!

We remembered our dear friend Aileen, who died last year.  It was a wonderful memorial.  Sad but glorious too, as the clan gathered to laugh & cry at our our memories & our loss.

Even in amid the sadness, we managed to insert some joys
Sunset over Lake of Menteith
A toast to Aileen with a favoured tipple, chilled Scottish style
Moving on to more cheery fare, My 9 yr old daughter, Bini, is suddenly very into makeovers.  This is her attempting to make my curly hair straight using a water spray.  She seemed to enjoy herself.  Sadly I have no pictures of the actual make-up, which my beloved referred to as a Transylvanian hooker look...

And she needed to be made over herself with a new hair cut for her new school.

Her first hair cut at a Salon, with proper hair wash & blow dry.  Check out that Swish!

We saw my lovely uncle happily married.  He is my Dad's twin & he gave me away at my wedding after my father died earlier that year (& he'd got divorced).  So it was lovely to see him walk down the aisle with a woman we all love.  He hired a vintage coach for us all to get to the wedding in.  It was like being in an Enid Blyton story driving through the picturesque town of Ludlow!



I fell totally in love with a Brazilian beauty.  She has made my beloved an uncle for the first time.  My sister-in-law is a glorious joyous mother & she has chosen a lovely man to make this baby with.  I just wish they weren't all going away to Brazil next month.  Sigh.

We camped with some of our favourite people.

Ukulele lessons from the Fae.  He just loved this!
All in all we had a fantastic summer! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a lot of memories, happy and sad, but mostly happy. Looks like you've had a busy summer.

    ReplyDelete